Monday 14 January 2013

2013...

I must be the last one to do this too. It's going to be yet another case of trying to curb my enthusiasm and not race too much. The half is my favourite, so I'll do 3 and attempt the "triple crown" of getting under 90 minutes in all of them. Plus a couple of other things thrown in. I would perhaps start the season earlier, but A-Chang & I are going on holiday in February. So, my little calendar:

St Patrick's 5k, March 17: how doable is another PB - 19:25?

Calgary Half Marathon, May 26. Completely flat, a big PB is the aim. A sub-1:26 would do nicely.

High River Canada Day Half Marathon, July 1. Stampede road race has a half course with a bit too much gradient. 5 weeks after the above, should be good for another sub-90 as long as it's not too hot.

Lake Chaparral Triathlon, August 11. Yes, a triathlon! The start/ finish is walking distance from my house. I'll do the sprint distance: 750m swim, 20k bike, 5.5k run.

Harvest Half Marathon, September 28. I'll see if I can beat last year's time and current half PB, 1:26:48. Will be my 5th HHM (in a row).

Banff Winterstart, November 2. A 5 miler starting in the early evening, each runner carries a glow stick. This would be a new one for me. A day at the spa the next day would be in order too.

Of course, the year would not be complete without the coda that is the Resolution Run.

A total of 7 events, what restraint...

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I posted my 2013 plan today and January is already halfway. I have a big year planned. We'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete