Sunday 25 January 2015

My little Korean secret

Meet Jung Da Yeon, age 48.
Mother of 2, she transformed herself from sedentary housewife to, well, think up your own adjective. 
Along the way, she became a fitness and diet guru, selling a great many books and DVDs in her native Korea and beyond. 
Some of her workouts just happen to also be a good mixture of cross-training, free weights and core work. 
She was introduced to me by my wife A-Chang. She does her workouts a few times a week. On mondays I join in for a bit of novel endurance strength training. 

Nothing beats running, however cross training and resistance work are a vital part of any exercise program. There are options out there that can both challenge and amuse. 
So I proudly announce that on monday nights I allow myself a sprinkle of fabulous with Jung Da Yeon and her entourage of dancing girls. & A Chang, best of all. 

1 comment:

  1. I took a lot of "weird" Korean fitness classes when I lived there. It was a lot of fun. I had to stand in the front row because my Korean wasn't that great and I had to watch the instructor closely. Glad you're having fun! Sometimes we take ourselves too seriously!

    ReplyDelete